Friday, November 21, 2008

How Getting Adequate Sleep Helps in Avoiding Dark Circles



I remember this one time that I went to work with these huge, dark circles under my eyes and everyone that I came across with seemed to stare at me as if I’ve suddenly developed two heads.

The night before that, I tossed and turned in bed for goodness knows what reason – so I woke up all grumpy and dark-eyed in the morning.

You’ve probably experienced another version of this story – because there is a relation between the quality of sleep that you get at night to the dark under eye circles that you develop when you wake up feeling less than rested.

Even experts agree that it’s not clear why this is so – but lack of sleep will generally cause those dark circles to develop under your eyes.

So what’s the solution? Depending on each individual, you would need about 7 to 9 hours of slumber each night. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every night to make your body get used to your slumber hours.

Try not to consume too much food, caffeine or alcohol prior to preparing for bed. Finally, try to eliminate whatever stressit is in your life that’s causing you to develop those dark under eyecircles – and you can get rid of the proverbial eye bags at the sametime.

No comments: